Monday, June 13, 2011

Long term Goals.

So for someone for whom planning the next day can be an arduous task, writing down his or her life ambition can be quite intimidating. I think it might be the commitment factor that makes it such a big deal. But since commitment is supposed to be a KSF in the success game, this is I giving it a shot.

I want to work in an investment management firm. I want to be in Finance because there is a lot of scope in this field and big opportunity to make money. This is also the field I have been invested in since 2001. Investment management is a large and important global industry in its own right responsible for caretaking of trillions of yuan, dollars, euro, pounds and yen. I want to learn how to manage assets with an objective to earn a profit, in addition to safeguarding capital of investors. The field of investment management can be quite vast given the wide range of financial assets that are available to us nowadays. I think starting in an investment management firm will provide me the exposure I need to make an informed decision about where exactly I would like to place myself. Right now, I just want to watch and learn.

I want CFA to be added to my name. I want to work in New York – experience life as an independent, powerful working figure in the big apple. I want to work in Mumbai – the country of my origin. I have never lived in India or seen much of it. I would like to stay there for about a year; be able to travel, work and go to the beach after a day's work or for the weekend. I want to work in Japan. I have heard their culture is one of a kind –life is work oriented. I would like to test drive that region for 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment